Monday, September 7, 2009

So how's the TCP65V10 after a week?



Still loving it, actually LOL

The manual wasn't as bad as I first thought.  It has other languages.  It's only 67 pages of manual.

I just got the cable DVR box switched out for the HD version - jeez what a difference.

Only problem is that my cable provider only has 1080i.  Guess it's not that big a deal.

I really love the way the inputs/outputs are laid out in the back.
They're all right there in the corner - so it's really easy to switch out cables at will.
And the TCP65V10 has the 4th HDMI input on the side, as well as the SD slot.

I don't have a home theater receiver yet, I'm still looking for that.
Honestly, for now - not really in a rush.
The speakers sound great on the TCP65V10.
In my old clunker, I had to turn up the volume to 100, and still had to listen closely.
The signal to noise ratio on the TCP65V10 is so amazing, that I set it to 25, and my girlfriend yells at me to lower the volume!

One cool thing I really like, is that it has a 'Game' button on the remote.
So whatever TV input you assign as your game input, can instantly be called by hitting the 'Game' button.
I have a PS3, and when I want to watch a Blu-Ray, or just jump into killing some Nazi Zombies, I'm only one click away.
The 'Game' configuration for the picture is tremendous as well.  Those Nazi Zombies (Call of Duty: World at War) give me the creeps now that I see their faces so clearly.

One thing I would REALLY love to see on the TCP65V10 is Hulu.
All these cool features combined with Hulu would make my new Panny unstoppable.

I really like the Amazon On Demand accessibility through the tv, though.  Who needs Blockbuster now?
On top of it, I bought a Blu-Ray off Amazon (Watchmen), and it allowed me to watch it on the TV before I even received the shipment!

Well, this was a quick post.
I'll let you know about other neat things I discover with the TCP65V10.